LW Series Steel Stiffened
SERIES LW FULL FLUSH 1-3/4″ DOORS
- Doors shall be formed from two 16 or 18 gauge CQ class 1 steel sheets per ASTM A1008, 568 & 569 OR A60 Galv. steel sheet per ASTM A 924 and A653 and shall be 1-3/4″ thick.
- Doors shall be internally reinforced with pairs of hat- shaped steel stiffeners joined together and running vertically full height of door, not more than 6″ apart. Stiffeners shall be spot welded 4″ o.c. to both faces of doors, and arc-welded to each other top and bottom.
- Voids between stiffeners shall be filled with fiberglass Or mineral wool insulation.
- Doors shall have vertical mechanical interlocking seams on hinge and lock edges. There shall be no seams on the faces of door.
- Exterior doors shall be capped to retard moisture penetrating the door.
- All hinge reinforcements shall be 3/16″ thick. Top hinge reinforcement shall be provided with a back-up reinforcement.
- All doors shall be internally reinforced with a 12 gauge plate both sides of the door for application of surface applied door closers and holders.
- Glass light moulding shall be Pioneer standard steel moulding, with no exposed screws on the secure side of door.
- Louvers shall be Pioneer standard design for application required.
- Fire rated doors, where indicated, shall be manufactured in accordance with the UL or WHI procedures and bear the appropriate classification mark.
- All doors shall be cleaned and given one coat of baked-on, rust-inhibitive metal primer in compliance with ANSI A 250.10-2004
- Door construction complies with ANSI A 250.8- 2003 (SDI 100)
- Hardware reinforcements are in accordance with ANSI A 250.6-2003. Locations are in accordance with ANSI/BHMA A156.115
- Doors shall be packaged to minimize damage in transit and handling.
For more information please visit Pioneer’s Website