HW Series High Wind Frames
SERIES HW 90 FRAME FOR 1-3/4” DOORS
- Frames shall be manufactured of 14 or 16 gauge Steel per ASTM A 1008, 568 & 569. OR A60 Galv. Per ASTM A924 & A653
- Frames shall be knocked down for field assembly. Milters shall have a precision hairline joint when assemble. OPTION: Corners shall be arc-welded and ground smooth, and frames shall be provided with steel bottom spreader.
- Heads shall be reinforced for surface applied closers, holders, or brackets when required.
- Dual purpose hinge reinforcements shall be 3/16” thick. It comes equipped with galvanneal back-up filler plate for standard weight hinges. Conversion from standard weight to heavy weight hinges is done by removing the filler plate. All reinforcements for hinges and strikes shall have steel-plaster guards.
- Frames are available for Nominal 3’-0” X 7’-4” and prepped for use with Existing Opening Anchors to suit wall conditions. Frames shall have floor clips at bottom of all jambs for attachment to finished floor.
- Frames shall be prime painted by Pioneer’s exclusive “DURA-BOND” process, consisting of a wash, phosphate treatment, “flo-coat” painting and oven baking in compliance with ANSI A250.10-2004.
- Frames are furnished with WHI Label for + 90 PSF, qualifying for use in Hurricane areas (EXCEPT HVHZ-MIAMI DADE COUNTY) in compliance with ANSI A250.13-2003 when used with listed hardware and classified Door.
- Frame construction complies with ANSI A 250.8-2003 ( SDI -100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements comply with ANSI A250.6-2003. Locations are in accordance with ANSI/BHMA A156.115-2006
For more information please visit Pioneer’s Website