This highly versatile style of installation offers modern appeal that will suit any architectural decor concept. The uniform, flush top design blends with and complements all styles of washroom, and the lack of overhead hardware provides a more spacious feel. Secure installation of this style partition requires a solid concrete floor allowing for a minimum 2″ penetration anchoring system.
Type F/S Plastic Laminate Partitions
COMPOSITION / CONSTRUCTION OF MATERIALS:
- Doors: are 1” thick, constructed with two 22-gauge sheets of stretcher leveled, commercial quality electro-galvanized steel that are formed and then laminated under pressure to a sound deadening double-faced honeycomb core. Face plates are welded together at intervals of 18” on center around entire perimeter to insure a rigid one-piece unit. All edges are then interlocked with a continuous roll-formed edge molding. All mitered corners are welded and ground smooth. Corner clips will not be acceptable.
- Panels: are 7/8” thick with all external edges and faces covered with decorative plastic laminate. All edge surfaces shall be applied prior to the overlapping face surfaces to seal edge and prevent laminate from being pried loose.
- Pilasters (Type F/S –Floor Supported): are 1-1/4” thick with external edges and faces covered with decorative plastic laminate. All edge surfaces shall be applied prior to the overlapping face surfaces to seal edge and prevent laminate from being pried loose. Pilasters shall have an attached carrying member made up of a 3/8” X 1” solid steel bar. Two 3/8” diameter X 4” long cadmium plated studs with expansion shields anchor pilaster to concrete floor. Locking nuts, washers and leveling nuts allow for field adjustment. A polished 3” high stainless steel shoe of one-piece construction, matching pilaster profile, shall be supplied to conceal floor anchoring. Tamper proof shoe assembly held in place by concealed floor anchor clips –exposed screws are not acceptable.
- FINISH: All components shall have edge and face surfaces covered with high pressure, .048 thick (general purpose grade) decorative plastic laminate that meets or exceeds NEMA standards for resistance to wear, burns and moisture.
- COLOR: Shall be selected from AAMCO’s standard range of decorative color offerings.
- HARDWARE & FITTINGS: All material components are fully prepared to receive all necessary hardware and fittings. All door hinges, strike/keeper and brackets will be thru-bolted with sex bolts having theft resistant heads. Appropriate screws supplied for all other hardware and fittings. All fastenings to have a corrosion resistant finish.
All doors equipped with AAMCO “Duraglide” hinge sets.
- Upper and lower door brackets are heavy non-ferrous Zamac castings with chrome-plated finish. Brackets are installed within factory pre-formed notches.
- Top hinge bracket (#102PL) is a heavy, non-ferrous Zamac casting with chrome-plated finish. One-piece design has a 5/8” wrap-around flange that fits over the pilaster edge for maximum durability.
- Stainless steel 3/8” diameter pin (#101PL) goes through the door and the top hinge bracket for three-point bearing.
- Bottom hinge bracket (#103PL) is a heavy, non-ferrous Zamac casting with chrome-plated finish. One-piece design has a 5/8” wrap-around flange that fits over pilaster edge for maximum durability. Door operates on a stainless steel pintle and opposing nylon cams that are fully recessed and concealed within the lower door bracket. The gravity activated cam assembly provides easy adjustment of door permitting it to rest at any desired open or fully closed position when not latched.
- Surface mounted slide latch (#104PL) is heavy, non-ferrous Zamac casting with chrome plated finish.
- Door strike and keeper (#105PL) is a heavy, non-ferrous Zamac casting with chrome-plated finish. One-piece design has a 5/8” wrap-around flange that fits over pilaster edge for maximum durability.
- Combination coat hook and bumper (#106) is a heavy, non-ferrous Zamac casting with chrome-plated finish.
WALL & PILASTER BRACKETS:
Shall be heavy, non-ferrous Zamac castings with chrome-plated finish. The wall anchored pilasters and dividing partition panels shall be attached with two brackets of either double ear or single ear design depending on existing wall condition. Dividing partition panels shall be attached to the “rear” pilaster face with two “U” brackets.
Shall be in accordance with AAMCO’s approved shop drawing and installation instructions with partitions being rigid, plumb, straight and level. Unless stated otherwise, doors and panels are 58” high and mounted 12” above finished floor. Pilasters shall measure 70” from floor to finished top and align flush with tops of doors and panels.
AAMCO provides for all plastic laminated materials, when properly maintained, a one-year warranty against all defects in workmanship and construction under normal wear and use of this product.
For more information please visit All American Metal’s Website
|TYPE F/S POWDER-COATED STEEL PARTITIONS||TYPE F/S STAINLESS STEEL PARTITIONS|